Glossary of california permit
Created by sluxabella96126
- If you find that your car is hydroplaning, you should
- Decelerate and drive straight ahead without hitting the brakes
- If you must stop suddenly in an emergency, you should:
- Hit the brakes hard, but not hard enough to lock the wheels, and steer in the direction you want to go.
- When you park your car uphill, next to a curb, the right front wheel:
- Should be turned so the back of the wheel is against the curb.
- A curb painted red means:
- No stopping or parking (except buses).
- Before turning left, the right-of-way should be given to oncoming cars:
- until it is safe to turn
- When parking uphill on a two-way street with no curb, your front wheels should be:
- Turned to the right (toward the street).
- When driving in the rain, fog, or smoke, and your visibility is reduced, you must?
- turn on your lower beams (dim headlights)
- at a blind intersection
- always stop
- You may legally block an intersection:
- under no circumstance
- To avoid last minute moves, you should be looking down the road to where your vehicle will be in about
- 10 to 15 seconds
- When approaching a railway crossing you should:
1) look for advance warning signs such as flashing lights, gates, or a sign alerting you to come to a crossing
2) watch out for other road users, especially motorcyclists and cyclists who may slip on the tracks
3) observe carefully, especially at night, as trains often appear to be moving more slowly than they actually are
- A U-turn is not permitted:
- 1) on a curve
2) on the crest of a hill
3) where u-turns are permitted
- You should never coast in neutral or with the clutch in because:
- You need to be in gear to safely control your vehicle.
- You park your car on the side of the road and you are facing uphill. You should:
- Place the manual transmission in low gear or place the automatic transmission in park.
- You are coming to an intersection with a yellow flashing light. You should:
- Drive carefully through the intersection.
- You park your car on the side of the road. You are facing downhill and there is no curb present. You should:
- Place the manual transmission in reverse or place the automatic transmission in park.
- An Implied Consent Law is:
- A law stating that you agree to a breath test when under arrest and suspected of drinking and driving.
- When driving in bad weather, increase the two-second rule to:
- 3 to 4 seconds
- When backing your car, you should always:
- Look over your right shoulder through the rear window while backing.
- You are driving on a road with two or more lanes traveling in the same direction. You should:
- Drive in the right lane except to pass.
You must Login or Register to add cards