Glossary of argumentation 324
Created by dudeofthedayno1
- comparing two different situations with one another
- Post Hoc
- when you attribute something after the fact... EX marylin manson cause the kids to kill people
- straw man
- an argument that is so weak that its easy to knock over
- beggin the question
- circular reasoning... The mariners are really good, because they are the best team in baseball.
- Ad Hominem
- Personal attack
- slippery slope
- one thing leads to another which leads to another thent he world is over.
- hasty generaliztion
- you only use one example then generalize about a population
- appeal to popularity
- "10 million people have already used this product"
- faulty comparison
- comparing things that are not alike
- comparing two similar things and inferring they are the same
- hyping something up... light cereal or authentic mexican
- four step model to refutation
- state the point to be refuted, state your refutation, support your refutation, explain how your refutation undermines argument
You must Login or Register to add cards