Glossary of Week 1 Bartending
Other Decks By This User
- What is in a Martini?
- 1/8oz Dry Vermouth
- What is in a Dry Martini?
- 1/16oz Dry Vermouth
- What is a "Dry" Martini?
- A martini without any Vermouth. In essence, straight up Gin.
- What makes a Gibson different from a regular Martini?
- It is garnished with cocktail onions.
- What two liquors can be used in addition to vermouth to make a martini?
- Gin or Vodka
- What is sweet vermouth really?
- Distilled red wine.
- What is dry vermouth really?
- Distilled white wine.
- What makes a Manhattan different from a Martini?
- A Manhattan's primary is Whiskey and you use sweet vermouth instead of dry.
- What is the difference between a Manhattan and a Dry Manhattan?
- Manhattans are made with sweet vermouth
Dry Manhattans are made with dry vermouth
- What is in a Perfect Manhattan?
1/8oz dry vermouth
1/8oz sweet vermouth
"Best of both worlds" or "Perfect"
- What is a Rob Roy?
- A Manhattan made with Scotch.
- Manhattans are served in what type of glass?
- Cocktail or Rocks
- A Martini is served in what type of glass?
- Martini or Rocks
- How do you make a Muddled Old Fashioned?
- 1) Muddle orange, cherry, sugar, and a splash of bitters in the bottom of a rocks glass.
2) Fill with ice.
3) Fill with Whiskey.
- What are the typical rack liquors in order from right to left?
- Vodka, Gin, Rum, Triple Sec, Tequila, Whiskey, Scotch, Bourbon, Dry Vermouth, Sweet Vermouth, Lime Juice, Grenadine
You must Login or Register to add cards