Glossary of WW1
Other Decks By This User
- Nickname for an infantryman in WW1.
- Fourteen points-
- constitutional amendment 1868 that guarantees civil rights and equal protection of laws to citizens
- Ruler with unlimited governing power.
- American Expeditionary Force
- Us Troops in WW1 including draftees, volunteers, and the National Guard.
- Self Determination
- Freedom of a group of people to determine thier own political status; proposed by president Wilson for ethnice groups in Austria-Hungary after win.
- Kaiser Wilhelm-
- Emperor of Germany during WW1, symbol to the US caused by $ spend on illigal immigration.
- Versailles Treaty
- Agreement in 1919 eding WW1; included huge war reparation to be paid by Germany.
- Central Powers
- combination of Germany and Austria- Hungary in WW1; opponents of the Allies.
- Liberty Bond-
- Certificates issued by the US to raise money to loan to the allies during WW1
- Payments for economic injury exacted from a defeated enemy.
- Industrial Workers of The World-
- Radical Labor Org, of early 1900's to over throw the capitalist system, aka wobblies.
- Zimmerman Note
- Telegram intercepted from a German official offering to help Mexico regain Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona if the US enter WW1. Increased presssure of the US to enter the war.
- League of Nations
- Organization proposed by wilson after WW1 in the hopes of joining nations together for peace and security.
- U- Boat-
- Submarine of the German navy; introduced during WW1.
- British Passenger ship sunk by German U- Boats in 1915.
- cease fire during a war, particularly at the end of WW1 in 1918.
- The comination of Russia, France, Great Britian, and later the US in WW1.
You must Login or Register to add cards