Glossary of Robstown Literary Terms
Created by tcrawford190
- The repetition of consonant sounds in words that are close together.
- A story that tries to explain how something began or came to be.
- A form of figurative language that gives a non-human thing human characteristics.
- Mystery,romance,science fiction, westerns,and coming of age novels are different types of
- The use of descriptive language is
- A story that often has a religious or moral lesson is a
- Where a story takes place time date, location, etc. Is its
- The person telling the story is the
- Conversions between characters in a story or actors in a play is
- A ____________ is a struggle between two opposing forces
- Which literally term refers to (is about) the people in the story?
- Which literally term refers to the turning point in a story?
- An indirect reference to a person or situation in another literary work is an example of ____________ ?
- "He jumped like a kangaroo" is an example of _________ language.
- The ___________ is a story's hero.
- Alliteration is the repetition of _________ sounds at the beginning of words.
- A word that sounds like its meaning, especially describing noises
- Using hints or clues in a story suggesting future events is ___________ ?
- The ___________ is the opposite of the story's hero.
- _____________ is purposeful exaggeration of something, like in a tall tale.
- Calling a toddler a "rug rat" is using a _________ .
- This is the attitude writers take toward their subject, characters, and audience.
- An object or action that means something more than its literal meaning is ____________ .
Example: The bird of night (owl is a symbol of death).
- The snake slowly, silently, slithered towards its prey is an example of :
- The words, "bang", "whoosh" and "bark" are examples of:
- "Her hair is like gold" and as strong as an ox are examples of:
- "The cruel wind tore off the roof house" is an example of:
- Which literally term refers to that part of a story in which the problem or struggle is solved?
- Which literally term refers to the message
about life a story relays to (gives) the reader?
- ___________ is the literary term that refers to the feeling a story crates in the reader.
- A story with usually just one major conflict and one main character is a _________ ?
- The literary term that refers to the action or sequence of events in a story is __________ ?
- The ways a author reveals (shows) important aspects about the people in a story is called:
You must Login or Register to add cards