Glossary of Psych 7,8,9
Created by breeliz
- Ryan Turner
Other Decks By This User
- _____ refers to the initial experience of a stimulus
- through the process of _______, we are able to interpret incoming sensory patterns
- neurons cannot...
- transmit light or sound waves directly to the brain.
- the process of ______ is responsible for the conversion of physical energy to neural impulses
- the _____ refers to the smallest amount of physical energy needed to produce a sensory experience
- absolute threshold
- a ________ refers to the smallest change in physical energy between two stimuli that is recognized as different
- difference threshold
- in bottom-up processing, the resulting percept is determined by...
- stimulus features
- top-down processing emphasizes all of the following EXCEPT
- stimulus features
- _____ is an example of a conscious process
- trying to choose the best answer to this question.
- preconscious memories are thought to...
- function in the background until they are needed.
- the bodily process of digestion and respiration are considered to be...
- _____ believe that the unconscious is merely a collection of mental processes operating below the level of awareness.
- cognitive psychologists
- "jet lag" is primarily a result of...
- upset circadian rhythms
- while in the REM phase of sleep,
- your voluntary muscles are immobilized in sleep paralysis.
- a person who needs nine hours per night, but is only allowed to sleep for six hours per night, would be said to suffer from...
- a sleep debt.
- your last dream of the night is likely to...
- have the weakest connection to events of the previous day.
- _______ is the view that the mind makes a coherent story out of spontaneous brain stem discharges.
- the activation-synthesis dream model.
- which of the following is true of insomnia? It...
- all of the above
- the key components of _______ are subjective feelings, cognitive interpretation, behavioral expression, and physiological arousal.
- the _____ memory system is linked to an emotion processing system that functions at an unconscious level.
- the ______ memory system is linked to an emotion processing system that functions at a conscious level.
- walter cannon disagreed with the james-lange theory of emotion on the basis that...
- emotions and internal responses occur at the same time.
- the fact that some arousal can facilitate performance but that too much arousal impairs performance is best described by the...
- inverted "U" function
- a person who has a high level of _____ can easily hide their emotions.
- emotional intelligence
You must Login or Register to add cards