Glossary of ProbationaryPMA
Created by Stevie 1493
- When and where was Sinfonia founded?
- October 6, 1898 at the New England Conservatory of Music in Boston, Massachusetts
- Who was both the founder and first honorary member of Sinfonia?
- Ossian Everett Mills
- What is the origin of the name \"Sinfonia?\"
- George Chadwick, second honorary member suggested the name \"Sinfonia\" from a student organization to which he had belonged in Leipzig, Germany.
- When and how did the Sinfonia Club become a national fraternity?
- On October 6, 1900, with the admission of a group of men at Philadelphia\'s Broadstreet Conservatory as Sinfonia\'s Beta Chapter
- Who was the second President of Alpha Chapter and sixth Supreme President of Sinfonia?
- Percy Jewett Burrell
- Give the names and locations of the first four chapters.
- Alpha Chapter - New England Conservatory of Music Boston, Massachusetts
Beta Chapter - Broadstreet Conservatory Philadelphia, Pennslyvania
Gamma Chapter - American Institute of Applied Art New York, New York
Delta Chapter - Ithaca Conservatory Ithaca, New York
- What is the object of the Fraternity?
- The object of this Fraternity shall be for the development of the best and truest Fraternal spirit; the mutual welfare and brotherhood of musical students; the advancement of music in America and a loyalty to the Alma Mater.
- Give the Names and locations of the members of the National Executive Committee.
National Vice President
National Collegiate Representative
Chairman, PGs\' Council
- John Mongiovi; Evansville, Indiana
Mark Lichtenberg; Evansville, Indiana
Dean Shatley; Ashville, North Carolina
Joe Ritchie; Chesapeake, Virginia
Erick Reid; Norfolk, Virginia
John Israel; St. Charles, Missouri
Ian Shoulders; Buckhannon, West Virginia
- With what frequency are National Conventions held, and when and where will the next one be held?
- Triennially; TBA
- What is the mission of the Sinfonia Educational Foundation (SEF)?
- To enrich the lives of Collegiate Sinfonians, and to advance music in America.
- What is your province number?
- List the names and locations of the active chapters in your province.
- Iota Omnicron - Bowling Green State University
Nu Pi - Central Michigan University
Epsilon - University of Michigan
Gamma Epsilon - Michigan State University
Delta Iota - Western Michigan University
Rho Xi - Grand Valley State University
Beta Iota - Albion college
Iota Alpha - Alma college
Nu Upsilon - Hillsdale college
Epsilon Alpha - University of Toledo
- List the names and locations of the active alumni associations in your province.
- Give the name and location of your Province Governor.
- Kyle Edward Koehs Beta Iota
- Give the name and location of your Collegiate Province Representative.
- Joseph Michael Linke Delta Iota
- Province workshops must be held at least once each ____
- What two days are celebrated by the chapter, and on what dates?
- Founders day - October 6
Chapter day - May 14
- List your chapter\'s officers.
Alumni Relations Officer
Fraternity Education Officer
- David Zippay
Dr. Arne Spohr
- What are the four classes of membership?
- Probationary Collegiate Alumni Honorary
- What are the responsibilities of membership?
- To attend all meetings of the Chapter, to pay all financial obligations, to maintain academic performance standards; to become acquainted with the governing documents and history of the Fraternity and to support the efforts of the local chapter and the Fraternity
- What is the total amount of your financial obligation to the national Fraternity before you can be initiated?
- $140 - basic initiation package
- Upon initiation into the Fraternity, each member shall receive what five items?
- Official membership pin Songbook
National Constitution and bylaws
- What will be the total amount of your annual financial obligation to the national Fraternity and chapter as a collegiate member?
- What is the official publication of Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia?
- The Sinfonian
- What is the name of Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia\'s collegiate newsletter?
- The Red & Black
You must Login or Register to add cards