Glossary of Phlebotomy Keyterms from Chapter 1 of Sommer
Other Decks By This User
- Continuing Education
- courses that keeps the phlebotomist up to date on latest changes in techniques and regulations in the field
- Approval from a professional organization by meeting and documenting established standards and competencies.
- Meeting and documenting established standards and competencies.
- Evidence that an individual has demonstrated proficiency in a particular area of practice.
- a documented permit issued by a government agency (municipal or state) that grants the bearer permission to perform a particular service or procedure (after meeting the education and experience requirements and passing an exam)
- continuing Education Units
- CEU's needed for phlebotomists to earn in order to remain certified. Updates on new information, regulations and techniques and helps to refresh skill used less frequently
- informed consent
- a patient must be informed of intended teatments and their risks before they are performed is called a?
- All information regarding patient's condition, types of tests ordered and results are kept private.
- American Association of Allied Health Professionals
- American Certification Agency for Healthcare Professionals
- American Medical Technologists
- American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science
- American Society of Clinical Pathologists
- American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians
- Continuing Education Unit
- Certified Phlebotomy technician
- National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences
- National Credentialing Agency
- National Healthcare Association
- National Phlebotomy Association
- Registered Phlebotomy technician
- Phlebotomy technician
You must Login or Register to add cards