Glossary of PS2 2006 exam
Other Decks By This User
- SF 1219
- The Statement of Accountability is the DO's monthly recording and reporting of this accountability.
- DD FORM 2657
- Daily statement of accountability
- Rating entry and general apprentaces
- What are the Reenl codes R-1 R-3 R-4
- R-1 Eligible for Reenl
R-3 Eligible for Probationary Reenlistment.
R-4 Not Eligible —for Reenlistment
- What Section of EDVR is a listing of NECs by rating for which the activity has billets authorized
- Section 6
- What is the EDVR Section 12
- EDVR section 12 is a report of officer and enlisted personnel absent on
sailing, embarked, and assigned to the activity for temporary additional duty to augment normal manning.
EDVR section 12 also contains a listing of units, foreign military and civilians embarked in a ship. This section
is updated from information submitted by the activity via SDS events or DMRS transactions. Strict adherence
to the verification requirements of this report is essential. The information is used by personnel managers to
quickly determine non-ship's company and units embarked, personnel assigned for TAD to augment normal
manning and ship's company personnel who are absent when ships or units get underway
- What is the form for a WAIVER/REMISSION of Indebtedness Application
- DD Form 2789
- FICA is deducted at what percentage
- What is DD Form 1081
- A Statement of Agent Officer's Account
- What is the DD1131
- It’s a Cash collection Voucher
- What is a DD 2058
- State of Legal Residency Certificate
- When a member is on TAD orders, what is the percentage of the Commercial Meal Rate
- The leave control number is composed of what total number of digits
- What is NAVPERS 15665
- Uniform Regulations
- How many months must a member obliserve to attend a school that is 5 weeks long?
- What amount is paid for foreign language skill level 3
- In the FL-DIFF-CAT what level is lowest level of difficulty
- What FID is the 0701
- Command at sea responsibility pay
- The format ID (FORA) is
- Identifies the format causing this payment
- What is save pay type B
- What is save type E
- Direct Commission
- What is save pay type F
- OSC Graduates
- What is the PREV-GRAE for a CWO3
- What FID is demolition duty pay?
- In what MILPERSMAN article can you find information about emergency leave?
- Gun salutes are normally fired at what time interval
- 5 seconds
- What is the oldest U.S. navy ship still in commission
- What ship was considered our "first-class battleship
- USS Indiana
- In what year were the first nuclear powered surface ships launched
- In what year was the Women's Armed Services Integration Act passed
- What was the first aircraft carrier designed from the keel up
- USS Ranger
- During the War of 1812, what ship earned the nickname "Old Ironsides"
- What ship was the first warfare submarine
- Although neither side could claim victory, the battle between the USS Monitor and the Virginia (Merrimack) was important for which fo the following reasons?
- The Dahlgren gun was used
- What is the is the sole source of recommendation for advancement?
- Most recent evaluation
- Which paygrade has a basic Time in Rate requirement of 6 months
- E 3 to E 4
- Which paygrade has a basic Time in Rate requirement of 12 months
- E 4 to E 5
- What publication contains procedures for establishing eligibility for entry into closed/open ratings?
- Rating Entry for General Apprentices (REGA)
Career Reenlistment Objectives (CREO)
Enlisted Career Management Objectives (ECMO) for drilling Naval Reservists
- Authority is required prior to participating in Navy-wide examinations for change in rating from which authority?
- Naval Personnel Command
- In what publication can you find Special Physical Requirements required for certain rates prior to advancement?
- NAVPERS 18068F
- What publication contains a list of required performance tests
- NAVPERS 18068F
- What is the TAFMS requirement for paygrade E7
- 11 Years
- What is the PREV-GRAE for a PO3
- Who has the authority to waive the requirement for LTC
- First Flag Officer in Chain
- What is the OPNAVINST 1740.5A
- Personal Financial Management
- What are the other contributing factors that magnify the impact of Navy Lifestyles
- High pressure sales tactics
High cost of Living
- PFM consists of 3 major elements which are:
- Financial education & training
- At a local command whos is responsible for the three elements of PFM
- CFS command financial specialist
- Departments that exceed the capacity of ___ are required to have a CFS
- There are 5 requirements to be qualified as a CFS
- 1. Must have 1 year in command
2. Minimum paygrade E-6
3. Successfully complete CFS training
4. Financially stable
5. Participate in continuing education
- What is OPNAVINST 6000.1B
- Guidline concerning Pregnant servicewomen
- DD 689
- Individual sick slip
- SF 513
- Medical Record Consultation Sheet
- NAVPERS 1740/6
- Family Care Plan
- OPNAVINST 1000.16J
- Manpower of Navy Total Force policies and procedures
- Total Force Manpower includes
- Peacetime and Wartime
Active and Reserve Military
Civilians and Contractors
- Ship Manpower Requirements are
- Ship Manpower DOC's and Fleet Manpower DOC's
SMD and FMD
- Aviation Manpower Requirements are:
- Program for Squadron Manpower
Carrier Air Wings
Sea Operational Detatchments
SQMD/CAW/SEAOPDET and AIMD
- OPNAVINST 1160.5C
- Reenlistment Quality Control Program
- What is the purpose of the Reenlistment Quality Control
- To control manning
To reduce Advancement Stagnation
And meetend strength Req's
- Under what program can an E-1 or E-2 be eligible for Reenlistment
- ENCORE. However continuation beyond 8 years active naval service or 20 years of active Military are not authorized
- Can the CO approve members request to extend with 3 or more PFA's?
- CO can approve 6 month incriments provided the CO has assurance that member has potential to pass next PFA. No more than 48 months.
- What is the change for Administrative Separation as of January 2006?
- CO's are authorized, with ISIC concurrence, to initiate ADSEP processing for those who are not making reasonable progress toward meeting standards.
- Where are PFA's annotated for Flag Officers?
- Block 10a(7) of NAVPERS 1611/2-1
- When are servicemembers notified of dates for upcoming PFA's?
- Written notification must be provided at least 10 weeks in advance of the PRT? If notification is not given, member shall not participate.
- How many times can a member retake the PRT to achieve a higher score
- Member can retake the PRT as many times as the test is given within the commands official PFA cycle.
- Codes used for BAC?
- WS - Within Standards
NS - Not within standards
MW - Medically waived
XX - Not weighed or measured
- CFL or Command Fitness Leader Quals
- E-6 or above
Non user of Tobacco
overall PRT excellent-low or better
no more than 21 bca or 32 bca females
and be certified
- CFL'S need to ensure that PFA's are completed with in ____ days
- Air Coach or Air Tourist
- A type available on commercial aircraft at rates lower than first class or premium
- Coach or Chair Car (Rail)
- A type not affording sleeping facilities, at a lesser rate than first class (parlor car
- An attendant:
- Is a member, employee, or other person who, IAW a travel order/ITA
Is appointed by competent medical authority.
- DEFENSE TABLE OF OFFICIAL DISTANCES (DTOD).
- The DoD standard source for worldwide distance
information based on city-to-city distance (not zip code to zip code) replacing all other sources used for computing
distance (except airplanes).
- Standard Form 1169
- GOVERNMENT TRANSPORTATION REQUEST (GTR)An accountable
Government document used to procure common carrier transportation services. The document obligates the
Government to pay for transportation services provided.
- Can a GTR may be issued and used only for official travel?
- YES. A GTR must not be issued or used for personal
travel regardless of the reason, even on a reimbursable basis.
- A cost-of-living allowance (COLA)
- is paid to members assigned to high cost OCONUS areas to help them maintain the equivalent purchasing power of their CONUS-based counterparts.
- COLA surveys include
- the Living Pattern Survey (LPS) and the Retail Price Schedule (RPS).
- The LPS and the RPS are
- two OCONUS surveys conducted which determine OCONUS prices.
- Members' COLA payments are determined using data from three individual sources/tables.
- 1.Annual Compensation Table
2.Spendable Income Table
3.COLA Index Table
- Is COLA based on Total Income?
- No COLA is not based on total income.
- Locations authorized a COLA-unique expense reimbursement
- A traveler must maintain records to validate individual expenses of ____ and for all lodging costs. All receipts should be maintained as required by finance regulations.
- $75 or more
- It is the general policy of DoD that the Government-sponsored, contractor-issued travel card be
used by DoD personnel to pay for...
- all costs incidental to official business travel, including travel advances, lodging,
transportation, rental cars, meals and other incidental expenses, unless otherwise specified,”
- Does not apply to the following travel distances that are determined by odometer readings:
- In and around the PDS or TDY sites
Between home/office and transportation terminal
For short distance moves, within the same city
- Except when authorizedTDY assignments at any one location are limited to...
- 180 or fewer consecutive days
- Bona fide assignment extensions that, when added to the originally authorized period, total
- 181 or more
consecutive days may be directed.
- If a member is TDY in excess of
180 days without authorization/approval, the member’s per diem stops as of the
- 181'st day
- TDY for Training Less Than
- 140 Days (20 Weeks)
- Disbursing Official Responsibilities for Travel Claims
- Travel Payments.
Accuracy and Propriety of Payments.
Adjustments of $10 or Less.
Customer Service Information.
- A TDY assignment at one location for more than a year is considered by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to be permanent and any reimbursement is...
- Taxable Income
- DD Form 1610
- Request and Authorization for TDY Travel of DoD Personnel
- DD Form 1614
- Request and Authorization for DoD Civilian Permanent
- DD Form 1351
- Travel Voucher
- DD Form 1351-2
- Travel Voucher or Subvoucher
- DD Form 1351-2c
- Travel Voucher or Subvoucher Continuation Sheet
- DD Form 1351-3
- Statement of Actual Expenses
- DD Form 1351-6
- Multiple Travel Payment List
- SF 1164
- Claims for reimbursement for expenditures for official business shall be submitted using the SF 1164.
such expenses as taxicabs, public carriers, or POCs while transacting official business in the locality of the PDS.
- Payments to Other Employees.
- Reimbursements are not allowed for payments made to other government employees for transportation expenses
- Travelers shall receive___%of the meals and incidental expense rate on the first and on the last day of travel
- The AO confirms the authorized travel and shall ensure the following when reviewing and signing travel claims:
- 1.The claim is properly prepared using ink or typewritten/computer generated forms.
2.The amounts claimed are accurate.
3.The claimed expenses are authorized and allowable.
- SUBMISSION OF TRAVEL CLAIMS
- All claims shall be submitted within 5 working days of return to or arrival at the PDS.
- Claims for reimbursement for expenditures for the Funeral Honors Detail shall be submitted using the
- SF 1164.
- The invitational travel authorization (ITA) will be used for reimbursement of fares or mileage for POCs used in conjunction with____involving per diem allowance.
- TDY Travel
- DD Form 1300
- Department of Defense Report of Casualty
- Requests for amounts over $100 require advance decisions by the
- OSD Office of the General Counsel for Service members and the General Services Administration Board of Contract Appeals (GSBCA) for DoD employees
- U.S. COAST GUARD TRAVEL USING DoD APPROPRIATIONS
- Disbursing offices shall settle these vouchers like
those of any other member
- Coast Guard member requests a travel advance
- disbursing officer may provide payment and seek
reimbursement from:Coast Guard Finance Center
- NAVCRUIT 133/53
- Enlistment Statement of Understanding
- DD 1966
- Record of Military Processing
- NAVPERS 1070/877
- Statement of Service
- DD 398
- Personnel Security Questionnaire
- DD 1879
- Request for Personnel Security Investigation
- DD 2366
- NAVPERS 1610/2
- FITREP E-7 AND ABOVE
- NAVPERS 1616/26
- FITREP E-1 TO E-6
- Service Record is closed when member:
- 1. Trf to Fleet Res
- NAVPERS 1070/621
- Agreement to Extend Enlistment
- NAVPERS 1070/622
- Agreement to Recall or Extend Enlistment
- The 622 should be filed as...
- Page 1a
- Conditional Extensions are for how many months or less
- Unconditional Extensions are for homany months
- 24 or more
- Members that are authorized to go to Fleet Reserve are not allowed to extend for more than...
- 30 days
- There must be an absence of more than ________ before any period can be considered as lost time
- 24 consecutive hours
- IF UA commenced 0800, 9 March, and ended 0800, 10 March (24 hrs)
- no lost time since UA did not exceed 24 hours
- IF UA commenced 2345, 9 March, and ended 0015, 11 March (24 hrs, 30 min)
- 2 days lost time, 9 and 10 March
- UA and lost time
- First day of absence is a day of absence and the day of return is a day of duty.
- Retiree’s Responsibility
- May be ordered to active duty in time of war or national emergency at the discretion of SECNAV.
Upon written consent/request, may be ordered to active duty at other times, but not solely for the purpose of receiving hospitalization or medical treatment
- DD 363N
- Certificate of Retirement
- DD 2542
- Certificate of Appreciation for Service in the Armed Forces of the United States
- The retiree must
- keep CO, Naval Reserve Personnel Center (NAVRESPERSCEN), New Orleans, LA, informed of the home address.
- Approval of a request for transfer to the Fleet Reserve
- 1.20 years of active service by requested date of transfer to the Fleet Reserve.
3.current Department of Defense (DOD) area tour
4.24 months time in grade for paygrades E-7 and above
- Members are not eligible for transfer to Fleet Reserve
- 1.awaiting disciplinary action
2.serving sentence of a court-martial
3.awaiting civil action
4.awaiting resolution of unresolved family advocacy issues as determined by NAVPERSCOM
5.awaiting administrative discharge action
- IF the enlistment is void and a constructive enlistment has not resulted
- member shall be separated by an order of release from custody and control of Naval Service.
- IF the enlistment was void by reason of desertion from another service,
- member shall be separated by an order of release from custody and control of Naval Service, regardless of any subsequent constructive enlistment
- If the separation is described as “an order of release from custody and control of the naval service,” member shall not receive
- a discharge certificate,
b. characterization of service at separation, or
c. an ELS.
- Entry Level Separation (ELS)
- A separation initiated while a member is in entry-level status (i.e., within first 180 days of continuous active duty
- enlistment or induction is void
- it was effected without the voluntary consent of a person enlisting in Navy, including enlistment of a person who was intoxicated or insane at time of enlistment, or when one was coerced into enlisting by being presented with the option of either enlisting or being subjected to a sentence of confinement by a court; or the person is under 17 years of age; or the person is a deserter from another military service.
- What is an SF 5515?
- A Debt Voucher
- What are the four FID’s used for gaining a member?
- SB03- Report Leave Status
SG03- Report PCS Arrival
SC04- Change LES Address Update
LG04- Change Activity UIC
- What is a DD Form 139?
- A Pay Adjustment Authorization Form.
- What is the SF1219?
- Statement of accountability
- What is a DD 2058?
- State of Legal Residency Certificate
- What are the three subcategories of Family Separation Allowance-II?
- FSA-R/ payable when transportation of dependents is not authorized by government expense and the dependents do not live in the vicinity of the member's pds.
FSA-T/ payable when a member is on continuous TDY for more than 30 days while the family stays in the vicinity of the pds.
FSA-S/ payable when the member is onboard a ship and it is continuously away from homeport for more than 30 days
- (CMR) is paid on the first and last day of travel
- Yes, both first and last day
- How many parts are in an SF 215?
SF 215, SF 215a, SF 215b, SF 215c, SF 215d.
- What does the FJ04 FID do?
- It changes a federal tax withholding
- What does SJ04 do?
- Changes a member's SA [Active Duty Status] to the UA Status
- What is the verb RAVC used for?
- Used to check Travel Advancements
- What verb is used to look up 5 Year Tax History?
- What is the form for Advance pay?
- DD Form 2560
- What is DD Form 1081?
- A Statement of Agent Officer's Account.
- What line in MMPA shows Leave earned in a Tax Free Zone?
- What is a DB?
- It's a debt for SGLI
- What does the SK03 FID do?
- Reports a confinement period
- What is a DS?
- An indebtedness for other, usually something like government expenses, like the NEX
- How many total allotments can a member have?
- 15 total allotments
- What form is “Authority to Start, Stop or Change an Allotment?”
- DD Form 2558
- What form is used for payment of Death Gratuity?
- DD Form 397
- In what type of container should tobacco spit be held?
- Tobacco spit should be held in containers with sealing lids.
- Does tobacco use and ETS exposure have an adverse impact upon health and readiness?
- Does tobacco use include smokeless tobacco?
- Where is the use of smokeless tobacco not permitted?
- The use of smokeless tobacco is prohibited during briefings, meetings, classes, formations, inspections, and while on watch
- Why should tobacco spit be held in containers with sealing lids?
- To prevent odor
and accidental spills.
- Who is a minor for tobacco?
- Anyone under the age of 18.
- Does tobacco use adversely affect night vision?
- What rules apply to smoking in individual living quarters ashore?
- Smoking is permitted
in individually assigned family and bachelor living quarters
(BQs), and in Navy Lodge and USMC Temporary Lodging Facility rooms designated for smoking, except when these individual housing units are served by a common heating ventilation air conditioning (HVAC) system. In these instances, commanding officers (CO) must designate sufficient nonsmoking quarters for nonsmoking members to prevent involuntary exposure to ETS.
Smoking is not permitted in common spaces of individual living quarters.
- What statement explains the relationship between followership and leadership?
- The skills used are not opposites
- An effective leader should recognize that people as individuals have different values and beliefs, True or False
- The publications that govern the rules and regulations of a petty officer's actions are?
- U.S. Navy Regulations, Manual for Courts-Martial and Standard Organization and Regulations of the U.S. Navy
- What term is interchangeable with fundamentals of leadership?
- Basic principles of leadership
- What traits are common to all successful leaders?
- WHAT ARTICLE OF THE NAVY REGS GIVES OFFICERS THE AUTHORITY NECESSARY TO PERFORM THEIR DUTIES
- WHAT PERSON IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MAKING SURE THAT THE NAVY REGS CONFORMS TO THE CURRENT NEEDS OF THE DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY
- NAVY REGS AND CHANGES TO IT ARE ISSUED BY THE SECRETARY OF THE NAVY AFTER WHAT PERSON APPROVES THEM
- ACCORDING TO NAVY REGS ARTICLE 1033, (AUTHORITY IN A BOAT) WHO HAS THE AUTHORITY AND RESPONSIBLITY OVER ALL PERSONS EMBARKED
- THE SENIOR LINE OFFICER ELIGIBLE FOR COMMAND AT SEA
- IN WHAT YEAR WAS THE EXECUTIVE ORDER 12633 ISSUED AMENDING THE CODE OF CONDUCT TO USE GENDER-NEUTRAL LANGUAGE
- YOU MAY NOT BE ORDERED TO ACTIVE DUTY WITHOUT THE PERMISSION OF WHO
- CHIEF OF NAVAL PERSONAL
- WHAT CHAPTER OF NAVY REGS DESCRIBES RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF ALL NAVY MEMBERS
- WHY IS DISCIPLINE IMPORTANT TO THE NAVY
- TO ENABLE PERSONNEL TO FUNCTION AS A UNIT WHITH A HIGH DEGREE OF EFFICIENCY
- HOW MANY ARTICLES MAKE UP THE CODE OF CONDUCT
- WHEN IF EVER MAY YOU VOLNTAIRLY SURRENDER TO THE ENEMY
- WHAT ARTICLE OF THE NAVY REGS LISTS THE PUBLICATIONS THAT MUST BE MADE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY ANY ACTIVE DUTY PERSON
- WHAT NAVY REGS OUTLINES THE AUTHORITY OF A SENTRY
- WHO MAY BE ASSIGNED SHORE PATROL DUTIES
- OFFICERS AND PETTY OFFICERS
- WHAT NAVY REG ARTICLE MAY A PERSON BE CHARGED WITH FOR SEXUAL HERASSMENT
- WHAT CHARACTERISTICS ARE TRAITS OF A GOOD SAILOR
- 1)PUT GOOD OF THE SHIP AND NAVY ABOVE PERSONAL LIKES AND DISLIKES
2)OBEYS RULES OF COURTSEY AND ETIQUETTE
3)DEMONSTRATES LOYALTY, SELF-CONTROL, HONESTY, AND TRUTHFULLNESS
- ACCORDING TO NAVY REG ARTICLE 1104(TREATMENT AND RELEASE OF PRISONERS) HOW OFTEN MUST PRISONERS BE CHECKED
- EVERY 4 HOURS
- DISCIPLINE TRAINING DEVELOPS WHAT TRAITS
- WHAT CIRCUMSTANCE WAS THE CODE OF CONDUCT ADOPTED FOR
- WHEN FACING THE ENEMY AS PRISONERS OF WAR
- ON BOARD SHIP WHO DOES THE CMAA WORK FOR
- WHAT SOURCES SET FORTH THE BASIC DISCIPLINARY LAWS FOR THE U.S. NAVY
- 1)U.S. NAVY REGS
- FAILURE TO OBEY ANY REGULATION SUBJECTS THE OFFENDER TO CHARGES UNDER WHAT UCMJ ARTICLE
- PUNISHMENT IS ADMINISTERED IN THE NAVY FOR WHAT REASON
- TO SERVE AS AN OBJECT LESSON TO THE WRONGDOER AND OTHERS
- IN WHAT YEAR WAS THE CODE OF CONDUCT FIRST PRESCRIBED
- WHEN MP'S FROM DIFFERENT BRANCHES OF SERVICE ARE COMBINED TO MAKE ONE UNIT WHAT IS THE UNIT CALLED
- ARMED FORCES POLICE DETACHMENT
- WHAT DOES THE TERM COLORS CONSIST OF
- COLORS CONSIST OF OUR NATIONAL ENSIGN ALONG WITH THE UNION JACK
- WHAT IS THE 20MC FOR
- COMBAT INFORMATION ANNOUNCING SYSTEM
- WHAT ARE 3 COMPONETS OF IVCS
- WHY IS THE SOUND POWERED HEADPHONES PICKED UP AS A UNIT
- TO AVOID BREAKING THEN
- WHEN UNDERWAY THE NATIONAL ENSIGN IS NORMALLY FLOWN FROM WHAT LOCATION
- HOW SHOULD YOU ENSURE THAT YOU KEEP A MESSAGE INTACT WHEN STANDING DUTY AS A PHONE TALKER
- REPEAT IT WORD FOR WORD
- WHAT IS THE 58MC USED FOR
- HANGAR COMMS
- HOW MANY CATERGORIES OF SOUND POWER CKTS ARE THERE ON BOARD SHIP
- WHAT IS THE FLAG OSCAR USED FOR
- MAN OVERBOARD
- NAVY'S FIRST SUCCESSFUL STEAMSHIP
- USS PRINCETON
- SMALL SAILING WARSHIPS WITH 10 TO 20 GUNS
- SERVES AS FIRST LIEUTENANT ABOARD THE USS ALFRED
- JOHN PAUL JONES
- WHAT IS SECNAVINST 1650.1G
- NAVY AND MARINE AWARDS MANUAL
- SECNAVINST 5300.26D
- DON POLICY ON SEXUAL HARASSMENT
- BUPERSINST 1430.17
- COMMAND ADVANCEMENT PROGRAM
NAVY PERFORMANCE EVALUATION PROGRAM
- ON WHAT DAY DO YOU FORWARD A DESERTERS SERVICE RECORD TO NACIC?
- 121ST DAY
- WHO IS THE PNOK IF MEMBER HAS NO SPOUSE
- THE OLDEST CHILD
- Extenuating circumstances for separation should be submitted prior to what week of pregnancy?
- week 20
- Pregnant servicewomen stationed at an overseas duty station without available housing or adequate OB/GYN care, can stay were their at with CO approval.
True or False
- False, will be reassigned prior to the 20th week of pregnancy
- Servicewomen should expect that requests for separation due to pregnancy will normally be?
- If the work site has not had a recent industrial hygiene site survey. Permanent removal of the pregnant servicewoman from an industrial setting should be indicated.
True or False
- False, Temporary
Until an occupational health care provider can be Consulted for evaluation of the site survey.
- A pregnant service woman shall not remain on board ship if the time for medical evacuation of the member to a treatment facility capable of evaluating and stabilizing obstetric emergencies is greater than how many hours
- 6 hours
- To maintain physical readiness, a person
should exercise at least three times a week for
(a) at least how many minutes total duration
and (b) how many minutes of continuous
1. (a) 60 (b) 40
2. (a) 50 (b) 30
- 3. (a) 40 (b) 20
- The focus of the citizenship aspect of
the Personal Excellence Program is on the following
- • Integrity
- All bases with ___ or more active-duty members
have installation Family Service Centers (FSCs).
- The purpose of this program is to promote the
personal development of Navy members in order to
contribute to their self-satisfaction, morale, and
quality of life
- PERSONAL EXCELLENCE PROGRAM
- What campaign
was started in 1996 to improve the quality of life for Navy members and their families and to ensure a safe
and productive work environment.
- Right Spirit
- WHAT IS THE POLICY REGARDING PERSONAL FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT?
- NAVY SHALL PROMOTE OPERATIONAL READINESS, PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY, RELIABLILITY, AND MORAL, BY PROVIDING KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ACOUNSELIGN TO ITS MEMBERS REGARDING SOUND PFM.
- WHO CAN COUNSEL A NAVY MEMBERS?
- A QUALIFIED COMMAND FINANCIAL SPECIALIST (CFS) EXPERIENCING FINANCIAL DIFFICULTIES OR SEEKING INFORMATION ON PERSONAL FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT CONCERNS.
- WHO HAS RESPONSIBILITY TO ENCOURAGE FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY AND SOUND FINANCIAL PLANNING?
- COMMANDING OFFICER (C0)
- WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF INFORMATION AND REFERRALS?
- TO RAISE AWARENESS, AND KEEP MEMBERS ADVISED OF THE LATEST CONCERNS AND ASSISTANCE AVAILIBLE
- HOW OFTEN MUST REFRESHER TRAINING BE COMPLETED FOR COMMAND FINANCIAL SPECIALISTS (CFS)?
- AT LEAST EVERY THREE YEARS.
- Deck above the main deck at the bow. Ships that do not have raised forecastles are called flush-deckers.
- complete deck
- A deck that extends from side to side and stem to stem
- They are the "rooms" of a ship
- The quarterdeck is not an actual deck, but an area designated by the commanding officer for the conduct of official functions, and serves as the station of the officer of the deck. Its location in port depends on how the ship is moored.
- When is the wearing of the maternity uniform mandatory for all pregnant women in the Navy?
- When a uniform is prescribed and regular uniforms no longer fit
- What jewelry is permitted with men's uniform?
- Wristwatches, bracelets and inconspicuous rings (one ring per hand is authorized, plus a wedding ring), but no oddities of dress, such as earrings are permitted
- What color earrings are worn by women CPOs and officers in uniform?
- Gold earrings
- When are Navy personnel governed by grooming standards established for Marines?
- When assigned to Marine Corps units and wearing Marine Corps uniforms
- what is the maximum length of hair on men?
- 4 inches and groomed so that it does not touch the ears or collar
- What collar device is worn by petty officers in paygrades E-4 through E-6 on the collar tips of the blue windbreaker and the blue raincoat?
- Pewter miiature collar devices
- what re the grooming standards for men's side burns?
- Sideburns are permitted but they are to be even width (not flared) and end with a clean-shaven horizontal line - and cannot extend below the middle of the ear.
- What are the only ornaments permited in the hair of women in uniform?
- Bobby pints and barrettes (two max) of a color that matches the hair
- What color of nail polish may be worn by women in uniform?
- Should be conservative in color and applied sparingly
- What is the size of chevrons on women's rating badges
- They measure 2 1/2 inches wide and their rating insignia are 3/4's the size of men's insignia.
- For officers that are separating what happens to copy number 7 of the DD 214?
You must Login or Register to add cards