Glossary of PMK Book 2
Other Decks By This User
- What should be used when choosing a position for concealment?
- A background that will absorb personnel or an object
- What is the term used to describe the relative characteristics of a surface, whether the surface is part of an object or area?
- What does texture affect?
- The tone and apparent coloration of things through absorption and scattering of light
- What is an aid to the observer where there is contrast between the color of an object and its background?
- What may be used to screen and or stain equipment so that it blends into the background?
- Vegetation and other materials found locally
- When is sound amplified, revealing signal?
- At night (movement must be careful, quiet and close to the ground)
- What is the most common deterrent to successful evasion?
- A negative attitude
- What directs personnel to begin planning their escape the minute they are taken prisoner?
- The Code of Conduct
- What does escape demand?
- Physical stamina - stamina that must be aquired under the worst conditions imaginable
- When abandoning ship, why should you not panic and don't give up hope?
- Because the Navy knows you're missing and is searching for you
- What action is required during the prepare to abandon ship stage?
- All personnel go topside and muster at their abandon ship stations, don life jackets and rig lines and ladders over the side
- Why is it important to know escape routes?
- Because the habit of using the same hatches and ladders day after day becomes so strong that a person finds it difficult to use other routes
- Whenever possible, what clothing should be worn when abandoning ship?
- Be fully clothed whenever possible
- Which side of the ship should be used to abandon a ship?
- Whichever side is lower in the water
- What part of the ship should be used to abandon a ship if the propellers are turning?
- The bow
- Whenever possible, why should you abandon a ship from the windward side?
- Because leaving from the lee side might protect you from a stiff wind, but the same wind causes the ship to drift down on you (often faster than you can swim)
- How should you enter the water when jumping to abandon a ship?
- Feet first, legs together and body erect
- Once you are in the water, after abandoning ship, how far should you try to swim before resting?
- 150 to 200 yards
- What precaution should be taken if you are safely away from an abandoned ship, but there is a danger of an underwater explosion?
- Float or swim on your back with your head and chest as far out of the water as possible.
- After abandoning ship, how should you float in shark infested waters?
- Lie still and keep your arms and legs from dangling
You must Login or Register to add cards