Glossary of Night (Elie Wiesel)
Other Decks By This User
- Where was Elie's hometown?
- How many sisters did he have?
- 3 - Hilda, Bei, & Tzipora
- How did Moshe the Beadle escape the Germans?
- He was taken for dead
- What did Madame Schachter keep seeing on the train?
- What was the reception center for Auschwitz?
- How old were Elie and his dad when they arrived at Auschwitz? How old did they say they were?
- Elie- 15
They said Elie was 18 and his dad was 40
- What was the prayer for the dead?
- the Kaddish
- What were people who worked in crematories called?
- What were the only things prisoners were allowed to have?
- their shoes and belts
- What phrase was over the Auschwitz door?
- Work is liberty!
- Who were Yossi and Yibi?
- Two Czech brothers whose parents were killed @ Birkenau
- How did Elie save his gold crown from the dentist?
- He faked sick, then the dentist was jailed
- Who did Elie give is gold crown to & why?
- Franek (the foreman) because his dad couldn't walk in step
- Why was Elie whipped 25 times?
- He walked in on Idek making out w/ a girl on the job
- What was a pipel?
- A child with a beautiful & refined face
- What is Rosh Hashanah?
- The last day of the accursed year
- What is Yom Kippur?
- The day of Atonement, but Elie didn't fast
- What is a musulman?
- A weak prisoner
- At selections, what did the prisoners do to look better?
- What was Elie's inheritance?
- A spoon & a knife
- Why did Elie get a foot surgery at Buna?
- His foot had swelled from the cold
- Did the people at the Buna hospital get freed by the Russians?
- How many miles did they run from Buna to Gleiwitz?
- 42 miles
- Who played the violin for the dying men and himself (who was dying also)
- What was Elie's dad's name?
- Who was Meir Katz
- A gardener who was getting weaker. He was in charge of a wagen to Buchenwald
- Why would no one feed Chlomo?
- He was ill, and people thought it was a waste
- Was Elie with Chlomo when he died?
- yes- an officer beat Chlomo when he was yelling Elie's name, and then he died. Elie had decided to be an invalid that day
- When did the first american tank stand at the gates of Buchenwald?
- April 5th
- After they were freed, what did everyone think of?
- food, not revenge
- When Elie was food poisoned, & looked in the mirror, what did he see?
- His dad's corpse staring back at him
- Where did the train and wagon go to and from?
- Train: from transylvania to Auschwitz
Wagon: from Gleiwitz to Buchenwald
You must Login or Register to add cards