Glossary of Muscular System 2
Other Decks By This User
- A ring-like band of muscle fibers that closes a natural orifice.
- the act of turning the palm or sole of the foot backward or downward
- the act of turning the palm or sole of the foot forward or upward
- Swelling or edema of a muscle.
- involuntary muscle
- A muscle that is not controlled by the patient.
- The buttock muscle.
- A strong, fibrous band of tissue that attaches muscle to bone.
- The calf muscle
- A strong band of fibrous tissue that holds bones to bones or supports large organs.
- Hardening of a muscle.
- tone, tonus
- Slight, continuous contraction of muscle.
- drawing toward the midline
- A muscle that opposes the action of another muscle.
- pectoralis major and pectoralis minor
- Chest muscles.
- drawing away from
- passive movement
- Any movement involving the contraction of muscles with the energy supplied from an outside source.
- Stretching of muscle.
- voluntary muscle
- A muscle that is controlled by the patient.
- An organ that by contracting produces movement.
- medial rotation
- turning toward the midline
- circular movement
- active movement
- Voluntary movement involving the contraction of muscles with energy supplied by the patient.
- An involuntary contraction of a muscle.
- lateral rotation
- turning away from the midline
- extreme or excessive straightening
- A band of tissue enveloping muscles and certain organs of the body.
- The triangular muscle that invests the shoulder.
- Separation of a muscle.
- Muscle posterior to the knee.
- A shortened or distorted muscle.
- A muscle that acts together with another.
You must Login or Register to add cards