Glossary of Micro 33 Day 6
Created by Wamainon
- What did Earth stratified into?
- cor, mantle, crust
- What caused massive volcanic action? What spewed out?
- extensive radioactive heating; gases
- What is primitive "reducing" atmosphere?
- A mixture of water vapor and gases which favor formation of organic molecules & keep them stable
- What formed hot diluted "organic soup"?
- primordial oceans
- What happened about 4.6 BYA?
- Earth stratified, primitive "reducing" atmosphere, primordial oceans
- What happened about 4 BYA?
- Rudimentary organic chemicals were formed
- What were some rudimentary organic chemicals formed 4BYA?
- amino acids, DNA, ATP, enzymes
- What were the gases Urey & Miller used for their experiment? What were the gases that resulted?
- H2O, NH3, CH4, H2;
- What were the chemicals that resulted from the Urey-Miller experiment?
- formic acid, HCN, amino acids, urea, lactic acid, acetic acid
- What are the biological molecules formation?
- Aldehyde+HCN+H2O = amino acids
Formaldehydex5 = ribose sugar
HCNx5 = purines (adenine & guanine)
- What was the first enzyme formed in the Urey-Miller experiment? What is it?
- Ribozyme; short segments of RNA
- Fossil records from about 3.8BYA shows what kind of bacteria?
- heterotrophic, anaerobic, procaryotic
- What is protobiont evidence?
- abiotically produced organic polymers
- What happened about 2.7 BYA?
- anaerobic photosynthesis
- What kind of bacteria first developed anaerobic photosynthesis? Why? What did it use for hydrogen?
- green & purple; in response to lack of organic material in the primordial seas; hydrogen sulfide
You must Login or Register to add cards