Glossary of Math Intro Final Exam
Created by qtazknb
- a rule that tells how one thing depends on another. for each input there is one and only one output
- 4 Ways to Represent Functions:
- 1. Formula or Equation
2. Table of Values
- A function that approximates real data or a real phenomenon
- Where do we look for the minimum and maximum values of a function?
- 1. Peaks
- A linear function is a function whose rate of change is ________.
- Exponential functions grow or decay be repeated _______.
- When an exponential function is growing, what do we know about the growth factor a?
- A is greater than 1
- List situations in which an exponential model would be appropriate:
- 1. Radioactive Decay
2. Population Growth
3. Frequencies of Musical Scale
4. Compound Interest
- List logarithmic scales and what they measure:
- 1. Richter scale-intensity of earthquakes
2. pH scale acidity and alkalinity of solutions
3. Decibel scale-intensity of sound
4. Magnitude-brightness of stars
You must Login or Register to add cards