Glossary of Kaplan Powerpoint Pharm Review USMLE Step 1
Other Decks By This User
- What drugs are Ototoxic... Auditory?
- Loops (Ethacrynic Acid > Furosemide)
- What drugs are Ototoxic... Vestibular?
- What drugs are Ototoxic Auditory and Vestibular?
- What drugs are Ototoxic causing Tinnitus?
- Quinidine/Quinine (cinchonism)
- What drugs are nephrotoxic?
Cisplatin (minimized w/ Amifestine)
- What drug causes causes SIADH?
- What drug causes Nephrogenic DI?
- What drug causes hemorrhagic cystitis?
- How do you prevent hemorrhagic cystitis w/ cyclophosphamide?
- How do you minimize nephrotoxicity from Cisplatin?
- What are the hepatotoxic drugs?
VALPROIC ACID (hepatitis)
TETRACYCLINE (in pregnancy)
RIPE TB therapy (Rifampin, Isoniazid, Pyrazinamide)
- What do you give to OD w/ ACETAMINOPHEN?
- What drugs cause Blood dyscrasias?
- What drug causes Aplastic Anemia?
- What drug causes agranulocytosis?
- What drug causes aplastic anemia and is dose dependent and dose independent?
- What HIV medication causes Blood dyscrasias (anemia/bone marrow suppresion)?
- What anticoagulant produces thrombocytopenia?
- What drug causes thrombotic thromocytopenia, purpura or TPP?
- Most Cancer chemotherapeutic drugs cause?
- Blood Dyscrasias
- What drugs cause pancreatitis?
- Valproic Acid
- What drug used for seizures causes pancreatitis?
- Valproic Acid
- What drug used for HIV cause pancreatitis?
- What NSAID causes pancreatitis?
- What drug used for ALL causes pancreatitis?
- What drugs produce gingival hyperplasia?
- What drugs cause SLE in SLOW acetylators?
- Drugs w/ problems with Atypical Pseudocholinesterase?
- Succinylcholine (prolongs the activity)
- What drug causes malignant hyperthermia?
- What drug causes Hemolytic Anemia in G6PD deficiency?
- What drugs cause disulfiram like reaction?
- What drug (combination) causes Serotonin Sx?
- MAOIs, TCAs, SSRIs, Meperidine
- What drug causes acute hypertensive crisis?
- Non-Selective MAOIs + Tyramine
- What are the non-selective MAOIs?
- What contains Tyramine?
- Aged Cheese
- What DDI (drug-drug interaction) causes decrease in B.P. and possible death?
- Sildenafil + Nitroglycerin
- What two drugs in anti-cancer therapy you should never mix?
- 6-MP (Azathioprine) + Allopurinol
- DOC for Borrelia?
- DOC for Ricketssia?
- DOC for T. pallidum?
- Penicillin G
- DOC for gonorrhea?
- DOC for Atypicals (Chlamydia, Mycoplasma)?
- Doxycicline or
- DOC listeria?
- DOC Legionella?
- DOC Step (Group A)?
- Pen G [V]
- DOC C. difficile?
- DOC enterococcus?
- Penicillin + AG (Aminoglucoside)
- DOC P. areuginosa?
- Ticarcillin + AG
- DOC for T. pallidum but penicillin allergy?
- DOC N. gonorreah but Penicillin Allergy?
- DOC for Listeria but penicillin allergy?
- DOC Strep (Group A) but penicillin allergy?
- DOC enterococcus but penicillin allergy?
- Vacomycin + AG
- DOC P. areuginosa but penicillin allergy?
- DOC Borrelia in Pregnancy or Child?
- DOC Ricketssia in Pregnancy or Child?
- DOC N. gonorrhea in Pregnancy or Child?
- DOC atypicals [chlamydia, Mycoplasma] in Pregnancy or Child?
- DOC P. areuginosa w penicillin allergy?
- Aztreonam, AG, Floxacin
- DOC for Borelia for a prenant woman?
- DOC N. gonorrhea for a prenant woman?
- DOC Atypicals [Chlamydia, Mycoplasma] for a prenant woman?
- DOC for Borrelia in Children?
- DOC N. gonorrhea in Children?
- DOC Atypicals in Children?
- What is the Serotonin Sx?
Kind of like when having sex!!!
- What causes Serotonin Sx in w/ Meperidine?
- Combination w/ MAOIs, TCAs
but it is a metabolite called normeperidine that acts like SSRI
- How do protease inhibitors work?
- Inhibit Aspartate Protease
- Name two protein inhibitors?
- What happens to Uric Acid at high does Aspirin?
- UA stays in the lumen and is peed out = uricosuric
- What happens to Uric acid w/ low dose Aspirin?
- Transport of UA (Uric Acid) is blocked from the blood to the lumen so it causes hyperuricemia
Aspirin (low dose) blocks secretion of Uric Acid
- What drug protects patient from nephrotoxicity taking cisplatin?
- What drug prevents cardiotoxicity w/ Doxorubicin?
- What drug prevents toxicity to epithelial, GI and bone marrow in Methotrexate high dose anti-cancer tx?
- Where does Aspirin work?
- Where does abcximab work?
- GP IIB/IIIA receptor on platelets. Can't join together
- Where does ticlopidine work? (Clopidrogel)
- Blocks ADP release
- Where does propilthioracil and Methimazole work?
- Peroxidase in thyroid synthessis
- Where does Iodide (high dose) work?
- blocks release of proteolytic T3 ---> T4
- Where does Propilthioracil and Propanolol work?
- inhibit deiodinase (liver) conversion of T4 to T3
You must Login or Register to add cards