Glossary of Human Body Systems
Other Decks By This User
- What are the functions of ligaments?
- ligaments connect bone to bone
- What are the functions of cartlidge?
- cushions the bone and is found in the outer ear and tip of the nose
- Name the type of joint find in the shoulder and hip. Explain how this joint moves.
- The joint that is found in the shoulder and hip is the ball and socket joint. This joint moves around in a circle.
- How do the words bone marrow and blood cell relate to each other?
- Bone marrow is where blood cells are made.
- Which is not a function of the skeletal system.
a. exchanges oxygen and carbon dioxide to produce energy
b. produces blood cells
c. protects organs
d. provides shape and support
- a. exchanges oxygen and carbon dioxide to produce energy
- When muscles contract they become?
- b. shorter
- Involuntary muscles work without your brain telling them to move. Are involuntary muscles?
- a. heart
- Name three types of muscles and tell where they are found on the body.
- smooth muscles do not have bands, are involuntary, found breathing, blood pressure, digestive system
skeletal muscles have bands and are attached to the bone
cardiac muscles are found in the heart
- During exercise you need more oxygen. Which of the following statements are true as you exercise.
a. carbon dioxide intake increases
b. oxygen output is increased
c. carbon dioxide output is increased
d. the heart pumps blood fa
- c. carbon dioxide output is increased
d. the heart pumps blood faster to all parts of the body
- Explain how blood flows from the heart to the lungs by naming three important structures in correct sequence.
- Right upper chamber called the right atrium
Right lower chamber called the right ventricle
to the pulmonary artery
to the lungs
You must Login or Register to add cards