Glossary of Huck Finn
Created by willive
- The Adventures of Huck Finn was first published in what year?
- Huck Finn is best describe as what type of novel?
- A social satire
- How much money to Huck and Tom Sawyer each receive when they found the money the robber hid in the cave?
- Why does Huck\'s pa return?
- Because he wants Huck\'s money
- Why does Jim run away from Miss Watson?
- Jim realizes she wants to sell him into slavery
- Traveling down the river, what does Huck talk to Jim about?
- King Solomon
- Tom Sawyer and the other boys form a band of?
- When Huck escapes to Jackson Island who does he discover is there?
- In Huckleberry Finn, Mark Twain comments on the issue of racism. How does he feel about racism?
- He sarcastically denounces it.
- What does the river symbolize?
- What 4 things does the river provide?
- Describe Jim\'s character?
- He is very superstitious
- Who narrates (is telling) the story?
- Where does Huck hide the money he steals back from the Duke and King?
- In Peter Wilks coffin
- During the course of the novel, describe the roles of Jim
- 1. runaway slave
3. Huck\'s friend
- What is the main conflict of the novel?
- person vs self
(Huck is internally struggling with himself and his views of society
- Who does Huck begin to fall in love with?
- Mary Jane Wilks
- Why are Jim and Huck trying to reach the town of Cairo?
- So Jim can take a steamship up the Ohio river to the free states
- What two family\'s are fueding?
- The Grangerfords and Shepherdsons
- What happens to Buck?
- He is killed by the Shepherdson family
- What does Colonel Sherburn do?
- He shoots Boggs because he won\'t calm down
You must Login or Register to add cards