Glossary of First Grade Science: Balance and Motion
Other Decks By This User
- Something is balanced when it stays in a position on its own without being held there.
- Counterweights should be placed low on an object in relation to the balance point.
- balance point
- The place on which an object balances is called the balance point.
- stable position
- A stable position is one that is steady; the object is not falling over.
- A mobile is a system of blanced beams and hanging objects.
- The point in a circle at which an object spins around it.
- linear motion
- When an object moves from one location to another.
- A push or a pull that is needed to make an object move.
- When an object moves in a circle arount an axis (central point).
- When one object moves in a circle (or oval) around another object [like the earth moving around the sun].
- The act of moving.
- A rod or shaft to which wheels can be attached.
- An object like a wheel or a marble that moves from one place to another while turning itself at the same time is rolling.
- A surface that is higher at one end than the other.
- A downward pull by the earth's center.
You must Login or Register to add cards