Glossary of Final Notes Hist 1302
Created by tipposan
Other Decks By This User
- What was the "Grand Alliance?"
- USA, USSR, Britain
- How did Roosevelt refer to Stalin while he was in the Grand Alliance?
- Uncle Joe
- What was the Yalta Conference
- At Stalin's summer home; he was to liberate Europe ->put up Communist gv'ts instead
- What was a nation supposed to do to join the UN?
- Declare war on Germany
- How did Winston Churchill refer to the spread of Communism in Europe?
- the iron curtain
- What was the Marshall Plan?
- Money given to Europe to rebuild
- Who were the leaders of N/S Vietnam?
- N: Kim, S: Rhee
- Over what years was the Vietnam war fought?
- What occurred in the first Indo-China War?
- Ho Chi Minh led Vietminh against the French in a guerilla war, US supported 2/3 cost, Dien Bien Phu, Geneva Accords
- What was the battle of Dien Bien Phu?
- French parachuted in 10k men, wanted US back-up and was denied => surrender
- What was the Geneva Accords?
- French pulled out, Laus, Cambodia and 'Nam created, divided 'Nam
- Who were the leaders of N/S Vietnam in the 1st Indo-CHina War?
- N:Democratic Republic of Vietnam (Ho); S:Diem
- What occurred in the Second Indo-China War?
- US entered the war, Tonkin Gulf Incident, Rolling Thunder
- Who were the N/S Vietnam leaders in the 2nd Indo-CHina War?
- N: National Liberation Front, Vietcong; S: US
- How many troops were sent to Vietnam and how?
- Eisenhower 2k, JFK 16k; they were "advisors"
- Who was the counter-insurgence?
- US men in "green burets" above average intelligence
- What was Rolling Thunder?
- Navy and Army to bomb N Vietnam
You must Login or Register to add cards