Glossary of FMF Pin
Created by franco_mad
- When/where was the Marine Corps created.
- 10 Novermber 1775, Philadelphie, Pennsylvania
- What happened 1805.
- Marines stormed Barbary pirates' stronghold at Burma on the "Shores of Tripoli". Raised Stars and stripes in the eastern hemisphere for the first time.
- What happened 1847
- Marines occupied the "Halls of montezuma" during the battle of Chapultepec.
- under the command of colonel robert e. lee, army and marines stormed harper's ferry to put down the slave revolt.
- battle of tarawa
- secured the island within 76 hours
- battle of mariana islands
- july 1943, lieutenant general holland m. smith, led invasion force that totaled 136,000
- grand old man
- archibald henderson
- marine corps securit forces mcsf, how many marines?
- g-3 division
- operations and training
- navpers 1070/602
- dependency application.record of emergency data
- navpers 1070/604
- enlisted qualifications history
- navpers 1070/605
- history of assignments
- procedure to apeal njp is within how many days
- edvr, how often
- based on psychologial factors such as needs, desires, and impulses that cause a person to act.
- acronym BAMCIS
- beggin planning
arrange for reconnaissance
- "if i become a prisoner of war, i will keep faith with my fellow prisoners.
- article 4
- fights of prisoner of war
- the right to receive sanitary, protective housing and clothing
to receive adequate medical care
to send and receive email
- information marines are required to give their captors
date of birth
- how long should the abcde steps, status , and transport be completed within your arrival on the scene
- 10 mins
- how much iodine in clean water
- how much iodine in a 2quart canteen
- how many iodine in cloudy water
- after placing iodine tab, replace the cap and wait
- 5 mins
- general order 3
- to report all violations of orders i am instructed to enforce
- six conditions to justify deadly force
- defend yourself
prevent crimes against people
- unlawful use or threatened use of violence to force or to intimidate governments or societies to achieve political, religious, or ideological objectives.
- system designed to standardize security measures
- incident has occured or that intelligence has been received indicating that osme form of terrorism action is imminent
- pa power amplifier
- 10km - 40km
- loading sc frequencies
- press freq to show 00000
press clr to show five lines
enter new number
- maximum weight of m9 pistol
- 40.89 oz
- m9 pistol maximum effective range
- lightweight, gas-operated, air-cooled, magazine fed, shoulder fired.
- lightweight, single shot, breech loaded, pump action, shoulder fired weapon, attatched to either an m16a1 or an m16a2 rifle
- m203 granade launcher
- total weight of mk19 machine gun.
- five pharagraph order
- time of assembly in the assembly area
time of departure and estimated time of return
- greater speed of movement is required ___ crawl
- high crawl
- when starting from the prone position
- assigned to emergency cases that should be evacuated as soon as possible and within a maximum of 2 hours in order to save life, limb, or eyesight.
- priority 1
- 9 line, line 3
- number of patients by precedence
- 9 line, line 8
- patient nationality and status
- mission: fire support and security for forward and rear area forces, point target/anti armor, anti hellicopter, armed escort, supporting arms control and coordination, point and limited area air defense from enemy fixed wing aircraft
- ah-a1 cobra
- primary function: medium lift assault support helicopter
- ch-46e sea knight
- equipped with a refueling probe and can be refueled in flight giving the helicopter indefinate range
- ch-53e super sea stallion
- mission: airborne command and control
- uh-1n huey
- primary function: in flight refueling, tactical transport
primary mission: multi role, multi mission tactical tanker.
- kc130f/r/t hercules
- primary function: intercept and destroy enemy aircraft under all weather conditions, and attack and destroy surface targets.
- f-18a/b/c hornet
- primary mission to land and sustain us marines on any shore during hostilities
serve as centerpiece of a multi ship arg.
- largest amphibious ships in the wrld
carries 3 lcacs
improved elevator wich allows the ship to carry two more helicopters
- primary mission is to dock, transport and launch lcac vessels and other amphibious craft around the world.
capable to act as primary control ship
- harpers ferry
- operated by military sealift command
- t-ah sealift
- arms control
enforcing exclusion zones
military support to civil authorities
- how many levels of mopp
- what agent, less volatile and more persistent than HD but has the same blistering qualities
- mustard hn
- the rise and fall in pitch and tone in the voice
- command which indicates the movement to be executed
- preparatory command
- command which indicates when a movement is to be executed
- command of execution
- party thrown by a newly promoted staff nco or officer to celebrate his new rank.
- wet down
- promotions and re enlistment order
- personal awards first
re enlistment last
- the center of the upper margin and either the right or left side of the lower margin
- sheet name
- indicates the angular relationships of true north, grid north, and magnetic north
- declination diagram
- locate a point on a map with 100 meters
- six digit grid coordinate
- is usually represented on the declination diagram by a line ending with a star, used exclusively when navigating without a compass
- true north
- normally represented as an hourglass or by figure eight shapred contour lines
- a short, continious sloping line of higher ground, normally jutting out from the side of a ridge or hill
- a short, continuous slopping line of low ground, normally cut into the side of a ridge or hill.
- technique for determining your position
- location by inspection
location by one-point- resection
location by two-point- resection
- primary mission to excercise command and control, and administration of the marine division.
- headquarters batalion
- provides general support motor transport to the marine division
- truck company
- primary mission to locate, close with, and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver or to repel his assault by fire and close combat
- infantry regiment
- formed when the battalion is combined with combat support and css units
- battalion landing team blt
- assault section of rifle company carries ____ shoulder launched multipurpose assault weapon SMAWS
- other name for fire team leader
- carrues out the orders of the fire team leader, responsible for the effective emplyment of the automatic rifle and for the condition and care of his weapon and equipment
- automatic rifleman
- assists in the employment of the automatic rifle. he carries additional magazines and/or ammunition boxes for his automatic rifle and is prepared to assume the duties of the automatic rifleman
- assistant automatic riffleman
- not normally assigned to individuals or units within the platoon, used primarily by crew-served weapons, located so that a crew served weapon can continue to accomplish its original mission when the primary position becomes untenable or unsuited for carry
- alternate fighting positions
- this rally point is nearest to the objective at which the patrol reassembles after the mission is accomplished. it may be located short of, to a flank, or beyond the objective. this may also be used as the final preparation point.
- identiry five type of patrols
economy of rorce
- artillery battalions have ___ or ___ firing batteries of ___ howitzers.
- 3 - 4 of 6 howitzers
- primary mission: provides field artillery fire support for all marine corps air ground task force organizations
- m777 howitzer
- bore diameter of m777 howitzer
- mission: to close with and destroy the enemy by using armor protected firepower, shock effect, and maneuver and to provide anti mechanized fire in support of the marine division.
- tank battalion
- there are ___ tanks in a tank battalion.
- crew of m1a1 tank
- four man crew
driver, loader, gunner, and tank commander.
- main weapon of m1a1 tank
- 120mm m256 main gun
- m60a1, bridge emplacement can be accomplished in __ to __ minutes, and retrieval can be accomplished in __ minutes under armor.
- 2 - 5mins, retrieval 10mins
- maximum speed forward of m7a1
- land 45mph
water 8.2 mph
- armaments of aavp7a1
- hbm2 caliber .50 machine gun and mk 19 mod3 mm machine gun
- troop capacity of aavp7a1
- 21 combat equipped troops @ 285 pounds
- how many crew in aavc7a1
- how many crew in a aavr7a1
- mission: to enhance the mobility, counter mobility and survivablity of the marine division through close combat engineer support and to provide the limited general engineering suuport that is required for the functioning of the marine division.
- combat engineer battalion
- counter mobility tast of a ceb
- plan, organize, and coordinate
plan and construct obstacles
perform specialized demolition missions
- ceb survivability tast
- provide technical assistance and the necessary equipment for the develpment of temporary protective positions for personnel equipment
- task of the engineer support company
- provide potable water
- armaments of lav-25
- m242 25mm chain gun, m240 7.62mm machine gun mounted coaxial to the main gun
- armaments of the lav-m
- m252 81mm, m240e1 7.62mm machine gun
- objective of reconnaissance
- successful execution of the reconnaissance combat mission
You must Login or Register to add cards