Glossary of Earth Science Midterm Review
Other Decks By This User
- Study origin, history, and structure of earth and processes that shape it. EExplore crust for minerals and resources. Plan water supply systems. (Geologists)
- Study of extraterrestrial objects and events. Study stars, planets, interstellar gases, etc.
- Study of the weather and related phenomenon. Forecast weather, study air
pollution, study of climate. (Meteorologists)
- Study of oceanic phenomena. Measure ocean depth and terrain, track currents, and study life forms. (Oceanographers)
- Latitude lines
- Distances in degrees north and south of the ecuator. THey are also called parallels because they run east and west parallel to the equator.
- 0* Latitude
- North pole
- 90* North Latitude
- South Pole
- 90* South Latitude
- 60 Minutes
- The dividend of the degree.
- Longitude lines
- Measure distances in degrees east and west of the Prime Meridian.
- Newton's 1st Law
- If a force is applied to an object, that object will stay in motion until a force stops it.
- Newton's 2nd Law
- Force will cause a change in an object's motion
- Newton's 3rd Law
- For each action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.
You must Login or Register to add cards