Glossary of EAWS Test Study Guide
Other Decks By This User
- Wingspan of the P-3 Orion?
- 99 ft.
- The P-3 is a/an --------- aircraft.
- The person responsible for all phases of the mission, except for safety.
- Mission Commander
- The person responsible for performing basic safety of flight duties.
- In-Flight Observer
- # of ditching stations
- Minimum altitude for 2-engine fuel loitering.
- 1000 ft.
- Static dischargers...
- do not protect against lightning strikes.
- The 4 generators are run by what?
- Engines 2, 3, and 4 as well as the APU.
- 7 Primary missions of the P-3 Orion.
- Anti-Sub, Anti-Surface, C2W (command and control welfare), CCC (command, control and comm.), Intelligence, Mine Warfare, and Mobility.
- DFW Pilot proficiency.
- 1 day DFW per month and 6 day landings.
- NATOPS evaluations flight...
- are for Pilots, Co-Pilots and Navs
- Condition 1
- battle. all stations are manned ready for attack, mining, or rigging of a surface ship.
- Condition 3
- op checking equipment. high-altitude transit flights.
- Kill store
- i.e Torpedo
- AGM stands for
- Aif-Launched, Surface- Attack, Guided Missile.
- ATM stands for
- Air Launched Training Guided Missile
- Rockeye CBU (cluster bomb)
- 6 types of air laid mines carried on P-3
- MK-55 bottom mine (2200lbs)
MK-60 anti-sub (2500lbs)
MK-62,62,64 quick strike (500-1000lbs)
MK-65 quick strike (2000lbs)
- Marine Location Marker (MLM) that lasts 40-60 minutes
- used to launch missiles.
- 7 behavior skills discussed during ACT
- decision making, assertiveness, mission analysis, communication, leadership, adaptibility/flexibility, situational awareness
- a WST is formed when what two devices are operated in a coupled mode?
- 2F87 and 2F140
- IDTC stands for
- Inter-Deployment Training Cycle
- ORE stands for
- Operational Readiness Evaluation
- What minimum grade must each crewmember receive to get a "Crew Qual"?
- 85% or higher
- What is the purpose of a PBFT? (Planning Board For Training)
- to coordinate planning among all departments based on aircraft availability and known operational and training commitments.
- Readiness Levels
- T-1 fully trained in all warfighting capabilities
T-2 ready for deployment
T-3 almost ready
T-4 not ready at all
- Corrosion Prone areas on a P-3
- skin seams, lap joints, steel fasteners, etc.
- Automatic Flight Controls
- eases the Pilot's workload and provides aircraft stability at all speeds.
- Type and model of the P-3 Orion
- turbo-prop engine
4600 Shaft HP
- Type of fueling methods
- center point pressure and over-wing gravity feed.
- Limit of the P-3 to accept from to fuel trucks
- 600 GPM
- The P-3 is _____ construction
- Type of landing gear on a P-3
- tricycle with fully retractable gear.
- Oxegyn is REQUIRED above how many feet?
- Oxegyn system is designed to supply an active flightcrew of 3 members at an altitude of 25,000 ft for how long?
- 3.5 hours
- # of portable oxygen bottles
- 3 Main parts of the P-3
- forward, midbody, and aft fuselage
- Lateral Axis
- horizontal stabilizer
- Longitudinal Axis
- Vertical Axis
- What is the danger associated with HRD?
- suffocation due to oxygen displacement.
- 3 objectives of First Aid
- save lives,
prevent further injury,
- Major pressure points on the human body
- jaw, temple, collar bone, neck, inner upper arm, inner elbow, wrist, upper thigh, groin, knee, ankle
- Type of burns
- 1st- mild, produces redness, increased warmth, tenderness and mild pains
2nd- sever pain, mild nerve damage, sever redness
3rd- nerve damage, bubbled/peeling skin, no pain felt.
- Heat Stroke
- your body is unable to eliminate excess body heat.
- compound fracture
- bone is broken and protruding through the skin.
- a general cooling of te body caused by exposure to low or rapidly falling temperature cold moisture, snow, or ice with slow shallow breathing and faint pulse.
- Naval Aviation Safety Program
- enhances operational readiness by preserving the resources used in accomplishing the naval aviation mission.
- This person iwll ensure that personnel comply with all safety instructions in the division and will prepare and submit additional safety instructions deemed necessary for Command Safety.
- Division Officer
- Class B Mishap
- $200,000 - $1,000,000
- Aviation Gas Free Engineer Program: designed to ensure a safe enviornment is maintained when working on aeronautical equipment fuel systems.
- Purpose of a safety stand down.
- Used to devote time to safety training, awareness and enhancement of the command safety climate.
- Dual Chain of Command
- Who is respnsible for the aircraft material readiness, administration, training and inspection of squadrons under their command?
- Functional Wing Command
- Navy commands with more than 250 personnel are eligible for what billet?
- 3 levels of War
- first aircraft carrier
- USS Langley
- first Naval Aviator in space
- Alan Shepard
- quickness or speed of an object in a given time, such as MPH
- 34-47 knots
- How far away from the airfield, is a thunderstorm, if a warning is issued?
- 3 miles
- the force that tends to hold an aircraft back.
- the angle at which a body such as an airfoil or fuselage meets the flow of air.
- angle of attack
- 5 parts of a jet engine
- Navy's primary jet fuel
- Tie-Down requirement categories
- HS Squadron has what kind of aircraft?
- what type of aircraft is used for logistical support?
- What type of ship carries gasoline, jet fuel, and other petroleum products to replenish other ships at sea?
- biological warfare
- intentional use of living organisms to disable or destroy people or their domestic animals, to damage their crops, and/or deteriorate their supplies.
- Which type of nuclear exlosion produces the worst fallout?
- surface blast
- Naval Air Training and Operating Procedures Standardization
- an operating procedure, practice, or condition that may result in injury or death if not carefully obeserved or followed.
- Date Time Group
- example: 031325Z MAR 99
MAR 99- month
- How long is a daily valid?
- 72 hours
- Who is responsible for the hour by our maintenance situation and maintain constant communication between the work center and maintenance control?
- Work Center Supervisor
- Which type of OPTAR funds would be used to buy items such as: office supplies, flight gear, and liquid nitrogen consumed by flight crews?
- Flight Operation Fund
- What is an NSN?
- a 13 digit number consisting of FSC and NIIN.
- How often are hazardous materials storage locations inspected?
- All hands hazmat training shall include what?
- types of HazMat in the W/C
what it is and how to dispose
how to read MSDS labels.
You must Login or Register to add cards