Glossary of Chapter 6: Employee testing and selection
Created by moon248
- the consistency pf scores obtained by the same person when retested with the identical tests or with alternate forms of the same test
- test validity
- the accuracy with which a test, interview, and so on measures what it purports to measure or fulfills the function it was designed to fill
- criterion validity
- a type of validity based on showing that scores on the test (predictors) are related to job performance (criterion)
- content validity
- a test that is content valid is one that contains a fair sample of the tests and skills actual needed for the job in question
- expectancy chart
- a graph showing that the relationship between test scores and job performance for a group of people
- interest inventory
- a personal development and selection device that compares the person\'s current interests with those of others now in various occupations so as to determine the preferred occupation for the individual.
- work samples
- actual job task used in testing applicants\' performance
- work sampling technique
- a testing method based on measuring performance on actual basic job tasks.
- management assessment center
- a simulation in which management candidates are asked to perform realistic tasks in hypothetical situations and are scored on their performance. It usually also involves testing and the use of management games.
- situational text
- a text that requires examinees to respond to situations representative of the job
- miniature job training and evaluation
- training candidates to perform several of job\'s tasks, and then evaluating the candidates\' performance prior to hire.
- video based simulation
- a situational test in which examinees respond to video simulations of realistic job situations
You must Login or Register to add cards