Glossary of CIS final
Other Decks By This User
- The three basic steps to creating a database, in order, are: ____.
- 1. B. identify the individual fields, group fields in a table, enter field values for each record selected
- A primary key ____.
- 1. C. must contain a unique value for each record within the table selected
- A field that is defined in a table and that is also defined as a primary key in a different table is a(n) ____.
- 1. D. foreign key selected
- You can make a(n) ____ copy of a database file to protect your database against loss or damage.
- 1. B. backup selected
- When you delete records, the space that had been occupied on the disk by the deleted records does not become available until you ____ the database.
- 1. C. compact selected
- : A table can be logically connected to another table by defining a ____.
- 1. A. common field selected
- The characteristics of a field, such as name, size, and type, are called the field ____.
- A field defined as a yes/no field type will be displayed as a ____.
- 1. C. check box selected
- Records can be copied and pasted into one table from another table if the tables have ____.
- the same structure
- A ____ relationship exists between two tables when one record in the first table matches zero, one, or many records in the second table.
- 1. D. one-to-many selected
- : Referential ____ is a feature built in to Access to prevent data inconsistency in related tables
- 1. B. integrity selected
- The order in which fields are displayed in a query depends on ____.
- 1. A. the order of the fields in the design grid selected
- After applying a filter, you can click the ____ button to toggle between filtered and nonfiltered displays.
- . Remove Filter selected
- You can tell Access which records are to be selected by specifying a(n) ____.
- 1. D. condition selected
- Multiple conditions can be defined to control which records are selected through the use of ____.
- 1. A. logical operators selected
- MC: Statistical information, such as totals and averages, can be calculated in a query by using a(n) ____.
- 1. C. aggregate function selected
- The ____ operator is a comparison operator that allows you to check whether or not a particular field value is part of a list of values.
- : ____ levels are useful for reports with multiple levels.
- 1. A. Grouping selected
- : Before you begin a Find operation on a form, you must first ____.
- 1. C. select a field selected
- When a picture or other graphic image is placed in the Report Header section, it will appear ____.
- 1. A. once at the beginning of the report selected
You must Login or Register to add cards