Glossary of CDAE 015 Chapter 2 key terms
Created by ahaller
Other Decks By This User
- Viewer PAGE 49
- an individual who looks
- Audience PAGE 50
- an entity into which producers hope to mold viewers as consumers
- the practice of working with whatever materials are at hand
- Intervisuality pg 54
- the interaction of modes of visuality - same content seen in different media forms
- Producer PAGE 52
- an individual maker or a plurality of creative individuals
- Kitsch PAGE 57
- associated with mass-produced objects that offer cheap or gaudy versions of classical beauty
- a term imported from military strategy into art history to describe movements at the forefront of artistic experimentation, leading the way toward major changes.
- Aesthetics PAGE 56
- The branch of philosophy that deals with the nature and expression of beauty, as in the fine arts.
- Taste PAGE 56
- individual interpretation informed by experiences related to ones class, cultural background, education and aspects of identity
- High/low culture
- Terms that have traditionally been used to make distinctions about different kinds of culture. High culture distinguishes culture that only an elite can appreciate as opposed to commercially produced mass culture presumed to be accessible to lower classes.
You must Login or Register to add cards