Glossary of Botany 1.3
Created by hillac
Other Decks By This User
- How are taproots different from fibrous roots?
- Taproots grow from one central axis and usually are dicot plants. Fibrous roots have no main axis and usually part of a monocot plant.
- Humans get all resources from ___ which are supported by the ___.
- Educated guess about something. Must be testable.
- In plants, gametes are made from ___ cells by ___.
- In primitive plants, the dominant generation is the ___.
- It is assumed that all land plants probably evolved from and ancient green algea because many plants share these 4 characteristics:
- 1.green pigmentation
- Organs are ___.
- A collection of tissues that together perfrm a function.
- Prop roots serve as ___ and develop ___.
- support;above ground
- Reproductive cells in animals and plants are __
- Haploid (1n)
- Scientific method
- A way of making sense of the natural world.
- Steps of scientific method:
- 1. Ask a question.
2. Develop testable hypothesis
3. Design and Perform ecperiment to gather data.
4. Analyze results
5. Share/use knowledge
6. Based on results, recognize more questions.
- Explains nature based on design or purpose.
- The basic types of plant tissue are:
- 1.dermal (outer skin)
3. Ground (everything else)
- The cellwall is __ of the plasma membrane and is made of __.
- The four underlaying principles of Darwin's theory of evolution by natural selection are:
2.overproduction of offspring
4.survival to reproduce (survival of the fittest)
- The interior of a cell is called ___.
- The __ is the female gamete.
- embryo sac
- The __ plants are currently the dominant vegetation in the world.
You must Login or Register to add cards