Glossary of Biology Chapter 7
Created by markmaster
Other Decks By This User
- An organism that makes its own food.
- The process of using the sun's energy to to convert water and carbon dioxide into sugars.
- Produce the organic molecules that serve as food for the organisms in their ecosystem. (Another word for Autotraph.)
- Organisms that can't make their own food.
- Another word for heterotrophs.
- A chemical process in that uses oxygen to convert the chemical energy stored in organic molecules into another form of chemical energy- ATP.
- Cellular respiration.
- Anything that is moving has this.
- Kinetic energy.
- Energy that is stored due to an object's position or arrangement.
- Potential energy
- Random molecular motion.
- Thermal energy
- Form of potential energy due to arrangement of atoms within molecules.
- Chemical energy.
- The chemical energy in foods is released by...
- Cellular respiration
- The product of cellular respiration is...
- Amount of energy required to raise the temperature of 1 G of water by 1 degree Celcius.
- 1,000 calories.
- Adenosine Triphosphate.
- Compound with adenosine and 5-carbon sugar known as ribose. Triphosphate tail.
- Cells perform 3 types of work
- Chemical, mechanical, transport.
- ATP converted to ADP, then phosphate added to ADP to produce ATP.
- ATP cycle.
- Process that requires oxygen.
- Aerobic process.
- Series of electron carriers.
- Electron transport chain.
- During breathing, the exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide takes place between
- Your blood and the outside air.
- Cellular Respiration Equation
- Falling electrons are...
- Electrons attracted to oxygen or positive charge that change position and provide energy.
- Electron transport chains form...
- Thick fluid inside maze of inner membrane folds in mitochondrion.
- The matrix
- Cell's chemical processes.
- "Splitting of sugar."
- Releases energy by finishing the breakdown of pyruvic acid to carbon dioxide.
- Krebs Cycle
- Miniature turbines in mitochondrion.
- ATP synthases
- Summarize glycolysis
- 1 glucose molecule- 2 pyruvid acid
2 ATP- 4 ATP
- Summarize the Krebs cycle.
- Pyruvic Acid-CoA
4 CO2, 2 ATP
- This process creates ATP without using oxygen.
- Example of fermented food.
- Soy sauce.
- Environment without oxygen.
You must Login or Register to add cards