Glossary of Beyond Therapy
Other Decks By This User
- So, what's on your mind this week?
- Oh I don't know. I had that Catherine the Great Dream again.
- Oh I don't know. Maybe it isn't Catherine the Great. It's really more like National Velvet.
- What do you associate to National Velvet?
- Oh I don't know. Childhood.
- I guess I miss childhood where one could look to a horse for emotional satisfaction rather than a person. I mean a horse never disappointed me.
- You feel disappointed in people?
- Well, every man I try to have a relationship with turns out to be crazy. And the ones that aren't crazy are dull. But maybe it's me. Maybe I'm really looking for faults just so I won't ever have a successful relationship. Like Michael last year. Maybe he was just fine, and I made up faults that he didn't have. Maybe I do it to myself. What do you think?
- What I think doesn't matter. What do you think?
- But what do you think?
- It's not my place to say.
- Oh never mind. I don't want to talk about it.
- I see.
- I did answer one of those ads.
- How did it work out?
- Very badly. The guy was a jerk. He talked about my breasts, he has a male lover and he wept at the table. It was really ridiculous. I should have known better.
- Well, you can always come back to me, babe. I'll light your fire for you anytime.
- Stuart, I've told you you can't talk to me that way if i'm to stay in therapy with you
- You're mighty attractive when you're angry.
- Stuart...Dr. Framingham, many women who have been seduced by their therapists take them to court...
- Yeah, but you wanted it baby...
- How could I have "wanted" it? One of our topics has been that I don't know what I want.
- Yeah, but you wanted that, baby.
- Stop calling me baby. Really, I must be out of my mind to keep seeing you. Obviously you can't be my therapist after we've had an affair.
- Two lousy nights aren't an affair.
- You never said they were lousy.
- They were great. You were great. I was great. Wasn't I baby? It was just the fact that it was only two nights that was lousy.
- Dr. Framingham, it's the common belief that it is wrong for therapists and their patients to have sex together.
- Not in California.
- We are not in California.
- We could move there. Buy a house, get a jacuzzi.
- Stuart... Dr. Framingham, we're not right for one another. I feel you have masculinity problems. I hate your belt buckle. I didn't really even like you in bed.
- I'm great in bed.
- You have problems with premature ejaculation.
- Listen, honey there's nothing premature about it. Our society is paced quickly, we all have a lot of things to do. I ejaculate quickly on purpose.
- I don't believe you
- Fuck you, cunt.
- Obviously I need to find a new therapist.
- Okay, okay. I lost my temper. I'm sorry. But I'm human. Prudence, that's what you have to learn. People are human. You keep looking for perfection, you need to learn to accept imperfection. I can help you with that.
- Maybe I really should sue you. I mean, I don't think you should have a license.
- Prudence, you're avoiding the issue. The issue is you, not me. You're unhappy, you can't find a relationship you like, you don't like your job, you don't like the world. You need my help. I mean, don't get hung up on who should have a license. The issue
- I don't think I believe you.
- That's okay. We can work on that.
- I don't know. I really don't think you're are good therapist. But the others are probably worse, I'm afraid.
- They are. They're much worse. Really I'm very nice. I like women. Most men don't.
- I'm getting on of my headaches again.
- Do you want me to massage your neck?
- Please don't touch me.
- Okay, okay. Any other dreams?
- Perhaps we should analyze why you didn't like the man you met through the personal ad.
- I...I...don't want to talk anymore today. I want to go home.
- You can never go home again.
- Perhaps not, but I can return to my apartment. You're making my headache worse.
- I think we should finish the session. I think it's important.
- I just can't talk anymore.
- We don't have to talk. But we have to stay in the room.
- How much longer?
- 30 minutes.
- Alright. But i'm not going to talk anymore.
- Okay. You're very beautiful when you're upset.
- Please don't you talk either.
You must Login or Register to add cards