Glossary of Baking and Food Science
Other Decks By This User
- ___teaspoon in a Tablespoon
- Number of Tablespoons in a Cup?
- 1 stick of butter is equal to
- 1/2 cup
- 1/4 cup equals
- 4 Tablespoons
- The proper procedure for measuring flour is...
- Stir, spoon, and level
- The two dry measuring cups needed to measure 3/4 cup flour are...
- 1/2 and 1/4
- Baking powder is a combination of...
- baking soda and cream of tartar
- The second stage of beating egg whites is called...
- soft peak stage
- Brownies are an example of which type of cookie...
- bar cookies
- The purpose of sugar in baked goods is to...
- add flavor and help brown
- Puff pastry is leavened by...
- The purpos of fats in pie pastry is to...
- add flavor
- When rolling out the bottom piecrust, the crust should be rolled ___ inch(es)
larger than the pie pan
- The best water temperature to activate yeast is...
- 110 to 125 degrees
- An example of yeast bread is...
- cinnamon rolls
- Over mixing muffins causes...
- The type of flour with the least amount of gluten is...
- Cake flour
- All of the following are examples of grains except:
- When measuring liquid the best method to check for accuracy is to...
- set on level surface and bend down to that level
- The cooking term "cut-in" applies to which two ingredients...
- Fat and flour
- A baker's formula is different than a recipe because...
- * it is exact
* the food comes out the same way every time
* QSR is used in the formula
- The cooking term "cream" means to...
- beat until fluffy
- The purpose of a whisk is to...
- whip foods together
- The purpose of a spatula is to...
- Level foods when measuring
- The danger zone refers to which temperatures?
- 40 to 140 degrees
- The best water temperature to use for handwashing is...
- very warm
- In the HACCP plan, a CONTROL POINT is...
- any step in the food's flow where a hazard can be controlled
- The purpose of OSHA is protection for
- the customer
- A grease fire should NEVER be extinguished with...
- The cooking term "fold-in" means to...
- Combine ingredients with very gentle movements
- The best way to treat a burn is to...
- run cool water over the burn.
- The total amount of time foods can safely remain at room temperature is...
- Two hours
- When properly mixed, muffin batter should be...
- The number of tablespoons in one cup is...
- Baker's scales measure...
- When 3/4 cup is doubled the quantity will be...
- 1 1/2 cups
- the purpose of kneading is...
- develope the gluten
- An example of a flat bread is
- An example of a savory pie is...
- Browning sugar with heat is called...
- Chocolate chip cookies are examples of...
- drop cookies
- ______ forms the structure in baked products
- The egg whites become glossy in the _____ stage of beating egg whites
- stiff peak
- In cake decorating, __________ influences the size of the shapes
- pressure control
- White chocolate does not contain...
- When figuring profit and loss of producing a product, the _____ needed to make the product should be considered.
- The _____ method of mixing includes kneading a few times.
- biscuit method
- Foam cakes include the use of ______ for flavor.
- How do you melt chocolate?
- On low heat, stirring constantly.
- HACCP stands for...
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Plan.
- OSHA stands for
- Occupational Safety and Health Alliance.
- Is a sharp or dull knife safer?
- Can steam burn the skin?
You must Login or Register to add cards