Glossary of Austin K
Created by Abk2s
- Testing one two three
- Myoblasts: A
Satellite cells: B
- A: a type of progenitor cell that gives rise to monocytes.
B: in extreme case of injury they divide and make more muscle cells.
- Sarcoplasmic reticulum
- series of dilated, calcium storage sacs called terminal cisternae
- Transverse (T) tubules
- penetrate the cell
carry electric current to cell interior
- Dark A bands alternating with lighter I bands
"A band" is thick filament region
"I band" is thin filament region
- The length between one Z disk to another.
- Elastic Filaments
- Springy protein made of titin that runs through core of each thick filament
and connects thick filament to Z disc structure.
- Functions of Elastic Filaments
- keep thick & thin filaments aligned
help the cell recoil to its resting length (elasticity)
- Thick Filaments
- Made of 200 to 500 myosin molecules. Arranged in a bundle with heads directed outward in a spiral array around the bundled tails.The heads found on each end with a bare zone in the middle
You must Login or Register to add cards