Glossary of AP PSYCH Chapter 6 Vocabulary
Created by diamondzgirl99
Other Decks By This User
- Retinal Disparity
- A binocular cue for perceiving depth: By comparing images from the two eyeballs, the brain computes distance-- the greater the disparity (difference) between the two images, the closer the object.
- Phi Phenomenon
- An illusion of movement created when two or more adjacent lights blink on and off in succession.
- Perceptual Constancy
- Perceiving objects as unchanging (having consistent lightness, color, shape, and size) even as illumination and retinal images change.
- Perceptual Adaptation
- In vision, the ability to adjust to an artificially displaced or even inverted visual field.
- Perceptual Set
- A mental predisposition to perceive one thing and not another.
- Human Factors Psychology
- A branch of psychology that explores how people and machines interact and how machines and physical environments can be adapted to human behaviors.
- Extrasensory Perception
- The controversial claim that perception can occur apart from sensory input. Said to include telepathy, clairvoyance, and precognition.
- The study of paranormal phenomena, including ESP and psychokinesis.
- A binocular cue for perceiving depth: the extent to which the eye's converge inward when looking at an object.
You must Login or Register to add cards