Glossary of ABH rating manual
Other Decks By This User
- What is the MA-1 barrier used for?
- To stop a/c not eqipped with tailhooks but the a/c must have a nose wheel for it to be effective
- What is the max knots that E-5 mod 1 and 3 can arrest?
- 165 knots
- What is the max knots that the E-5 and E-5 mod 2 can arrest?
- 150 knots
- How far from the runway are dead man anchors placed?
- 15 feet
- What is the difference between the E-5 and E-5 mod 1?
- The E-5 has two arresting gear cables that are the same length but the E-5 mod 1 are of different lengths
- What is the difference with the way that the E-5 cables are arranged?
- E-5 Mod 2 and mod 3 are able pendants to be rigged at either end
- Who must inspect and certify the arresting gears before it is used?
- Naval Air warfare center
- What type of arresting gear wire is used?
- 1 inch performed wire 6X19
- How do you determine the correct length of an E-5 or E-5 mod installation?
- Add 20 feet to the runway length
- What manual can you find out information on arresting gears?
- NAVAIR 51-5-28
- What is bird caging?
- Opening of strands in the cable
- What is determined to be excessive?
- Existence of 30 or more broken wires in an abraded area
- What is the max life of a CDP?
- 36 months
- What is height of the top of the arresting gear and from the surface to the bottom of the cable?
- 5 1/2inches and 2 inches
- What is the Milspec for the graphite grease?
- What is the minimum amount of donuts installed on a CDP?
- How should the donuts be laid out for the E-5 arresting gear?
- 9 ft from center and 5 ft thereafter
- How many retention hooks do the E-5 mod 1and3 use?
- What are the retention hooks used for?
- To hold a set of deck pendants in a prescribed geometric pattern the hook is positioned by a dowel pin
- If the retention hooks have rotated what does that indicate?
- Dowel pin failure
- How does chain normally come?
- 90 ft lengths
- What is the runout for an A-3?
- 2,300 ft
- What is the re battery time for heavy chain conf.?
- 45 min
- What is the max weight that an E-28 can commodate?
- What is the max engagement speed for the E-28?
- 160 knots
- What is the cycle time for the E-28?
- 80 seconds
- Whatis the function of the retrieve assembly?
- to rewind the tape and pretension the pendant after each arrestment
- What is the max service life of the CDP for E-28?
- 24 months
- How many broken wires are allowed on the E-28 gear?
- What is the nomenclature for the hydraulic fluid?
- What is the manual for the E-28 arresting gear?
- NAVAIR 51-5-31
You must Login or Register to add cards